Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dates and Flowers


John and I went to a wedding expo yesterday and realized we have a lot to do! We are in the process of confirming the date. We've sent in the paperwork to the church and are just waiting for all of the church committees to approve it (gotta love the Presby church and their committees!) :). We are 90% sure the wedding will be on Saturday, July 25. We will post again as soon as that is confirmed or if something changes (hopefully we will know within the week) so hang in there with us!

There are two decisions we made after the wedding expo. First is that even though black wedding dresses seem to be popular (??), my dress will be white. And the second is that we are going to use gerbera daisies for our flowers. I've been thinking of them for awhile and apparently they are very "in" right now ( who knew we were trend-setters?). I like them because Daisy is my grandma's name and she means a lot to me. Last week, John surprised me with a bouquet of these flowers and they are beautiful! They will be great for a summer wedding and a nice tribute to my grandma.

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Favorite Uncle here....Glad I can keep looking here for date (and will start planning around 7/25) I want to completely avoid conflicts with work schedule the week before/after - wouldn't want to miss anything. Re: choice of flower, on a snowy and cold winter night, you warmed my heart (and yeah, made me cry a bit- thanks!) Not only a great choice of flowers but I know that Gma D will be so touched and honored by this, and pleased that you're both trend setters. You both mean a lot to her and that grumpy guy she lives with. Can't wait to hear more.

    By the way, will be sending you both something. Knowing how much we love our desserts, it will make sense when you get it.

    Luv ya- Unc J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending the blog link... now we won't feel so far away!
    Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black wedding dresses are the thing now? Really? Wow. Good choice on the white! The flowers are beautiful and will go well with the beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the gerberas ... great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww the flowers are so pretty. You're gonna make grandma D cry again. :-P Aw what the heck, she'll probably be crying all day.

    ReplyDelete