Sunday, May 17, 2009

Invitations!

SPOILER ALERT! We sent out most of the invitations a couple of weeks ago, but still have a few to send out. So if you haven't gotten your invitation yet because we don't have your address or you live in a crazy far away place like Japan or Germany :), don't read the rest of this post!


We decided to print our own invitations to save some money. This turned out to be a larger task than we anticipated, but we were an a well oiled, invitation-machine.


Invitation Station #1: Herbert and John printed the invitations. John and I designed the maps, chose the wording and picked a font. Then John made the invitations by working his magical computer skills and printing them on different sized cards. He even stuck on the daisies and assembled all the pieces together.


Herbert....helped....sort of...

He wore his wedding shower bell to get in the wedding spirit...and then promptly fell asleep.

Invitation Station #2: It was my job to address the envelopes with my super-fancy sharpie calligraphy skills. It took a few phone calls, mothers, grandma, and friends to complete the address list.This is what wedding planning looks like when your Maid of Honor lives 700 miles away. Jenny was on the phone (you can kind of see it between my cheek and shoulder) and we were working on the spreadsheet at the same time, miles away, from different computers. She'd add addresses to my list and I could see her working from my computer...technology is great!


I am really happy with how our invitations turned out. There were only four designs at Michael's and luckily we found one that was green and sort of fit our wedding theme. Here is the final product.

So cute :)

1 comment:

  1. I failed and read the rest of the post. :) But I maintain that Germany is not crazy, unless you mean crazy good! ;) I will agree it is far away, if you mean from Michigan. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete